Cultural activities in Montpellier are an essential complement to your French course.
With our cultural activities in Montpellier you can discover our region by signing up for the excursions and other thematic workshops offered all year round by Jérémie and his team of experienced professional guides to complete your immersion in our rich French culture.
Every Monday, at 12:15 am, you are invited to our ” welcome apéritif ” on the school’s private terrace. We’ll all get together, the team of the Institut Européen de Français and all the students, to meet and share a friendly time together. And it’s in French of course!
Take our guided tour of Montpellier! It is essential to know your way around the city and to get to know the best deals and the unmissable places in the city, by day and by night 😉
At the IEF you won’t have time to get bored! Choose your excursion from the cultural timetable, sign up directly, then all you have to do is follow the guide!
Example of one-day cultural trip: Arles, Carcassonne, Nîmes and Pont du Gard, Sète and Etang de Thau, Marseille …
Example of ½ day cultural trip: Aigues-Mortes Camargue, Saint-Guilhem-Le Desert, Bézier, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer …
Example of cultural workshop: tasting regional products, French songs, Occitan dances, wine tasting, petanque …
Montpellier, is the city with multiple faces will never cease to amaze you. All you have to do it take some relaxing time out to discover it! We guarantee that you will fall in love with this beautiful city.
Program of the week
- WeGoLingo One To One
- Live Music avec Siryel
- Contes en boîte
- V’là le Beaujolais Nouveau
- Pézenas – Plage volcanique
- Cap d’Agde
- Béziers et Canal du Midi
- Roquefort – Viaduc Millau
Some pictures of our students on excursions. Why not you !
Recommended activities in Montpellier:
- Lose yourself in the small medieval alleys of the Ecusson
- Play a game of pétanque in the garden of Peyrou while watching the sunset
- Take in a display of street art or an improvised concert on the Place de la Comedie
- Move to the rhythm of the numerous sporting events organized in the city classed as France’s number 1 in this field
- Take inspiration from the architects and designers who make Montpellier one of ” the most avant-garde” French cities according to The New York Times
- Enjoy a tray of shellfish accompanied by a good glass of wine in a restaurant by the sea